Why we love St Lucia
The little town St Lucia packs a big punch – and by that we mean there’s plenty to do and see!
Even though it’s right at our doorstep, as soon as you reach the town you feel as if you’ve escaped to a little beach town on the other side of South Africa.
So why do we love this place?
It’s part of the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park, South Africa’s first heritage site, which makes it pretty darn special!
There are more hippos and crocs here than anywhere in the world – yikes!
You can enjoy some amazing beach days here and Catalina Bay has the most beautiful sunsets.
- There are gorgeous hiking trails to explore
- Horse riding on the beach? Why not?
- Turtle tracking in the night – a must!
- Whale watching. What, you mean there’s more?
- Authentic restaurants cooking up some delicious meals
- Flea market with local handmade products
The little town makes you feel like a holidaymaker
Deciding to make a trip there? Here are a few numbers that will come in handy:
Whale watching cruise – 035 5901259
Turtle tracking – 035 5901127
Horse riding – 083 7927899
Hippo cruise – 035 5901162
Crocodile centre – 035 5901386