We love local and man do we love theatre! Zululand Observer’s newshound, Wellington Makwakwa will be showcasing his full theatre production, Death of the Emperor Shaka, in Empangeni on Friday, 4 November. We suggest you save the date as its set to be an incredible rendition of the life of King Shaka. The story highlights Shaka’s love for his mother Queen Nandi, and how her death affected him – leading to the conspiracy to assassinate the King.
Here’s five reasons you should watch this theatre production:
1. This is a locally produced and directed play – support local!
2. It’s not your typical Shaka Zulu story, but rather focuses on him as a human with feelings
3. Watch local talent shine on stage
4. Perfect opportunity to enjoy some serious local entertainment
5. It’s theatre – lights, camera, action! Need we say more!